Monday, February 6, 2017

This Week...

This week was pretty good. Not a lot happened but that's okay.  My Spanish is getting better.

Story 1:

We went on splits on Tuesday and it was a blast. I was in my area and he was in Uribe. So I decided that 
all day we were just going to contact and put up some baptismal dates, as well as visit a few less actives. 
So we first went and visited some less actives until comida. The first lesson I asked the lady straight up why 
she doesn't go to church, and why she stopped going  (wasn't going to try to tip toe the problem). She talked about how she didn't think the Book of Mormon was true. I then asked her if she had read the Book of Mormon all the way through and where she stopped reading it. She told me she stopped halfway through first Nephi and had never finished. I asked her why she had stopped reading and she told me it was because she finds it really hard to understand. Me and Elder Rodriguez then bore our testimonies about the Book of Mormon and the truth of it. and how it is difficult to understand at times but every time we will feel the Spirit.


The second visit was out on a limb and it was to a member that wasn't really less active--i just got the impression to go there. We got to talking and he talked about how he didn't want to go to church anymore (for a few different reasons--big one was because of work).  So we then taught him about the Sabbath Day and the blessings that come from it. We then promised him that if he observed it then he wouldn't just do fine but he would do better off then if he did work on Sunday.

We visited a lot more, but they weren't as cool as those two.

We then spent the rest of the day contacting a bunch of people. We contacted more then fifty people that day and made twenty new investigators as well as put three dates on the board. I then get a call from my comp and he is asking how I'm doing and making sure I'm okay.  I told him all we had accomplished, and he starts getting extremely mad at me for some reason. It turns into him yelling at me over the phone (me not understanding cuz the phones are bad as well as my Spanish).  So it just ended up with him saying to just get another baptismal date. So we contacted some more and put another two on the board. 

The next day me and Elder Angeles had to go and visit some of the new investigators and we put another three baptismal dates on the board the next day. The two that are the most serious are Melanie and her dad Simon. Its hard because they are searching for a church and talking with the JWs. So that is a big challenge as of right now with those two.  We just need them to attend church. The day after me and Elder Angeles went and continued to teach the New Investigators and put another two dates on the board. So all and all we had a pretty great week when it comes to doing all of that stuff.

Experience 2

Me and Elder Angeles have actually been getting along a lot more this week. We decided to change it up and I was the trainer this week and he was the Gringo. So I taught all the doce semanas and all the other stuff as well. It was actually really fun and I learned a lot more being the teacher than I do when I'm the student.  Then today we went to the mission office to exchange our broken phone and some other stuff as well. Elder Angeles was talking to one of the Assistants and he gave me a huge compliment.  He told the Assistant that I had been and would be an amazing trainer. And that this week he has learned a lot more than he has in previous weeks when I was teaching him. So that made me feel really, really good about myself. 

That is really all for this week. The members have been treating me a lot better--so that's good. And there hasn't been any really dangerous situations here--so that's boring. The one cool thing though is there are three rogue marines fully armed loose near me. This has led to so many marines and police to set up check points all over my area and helicopters constantly flying over head.  So that's kinda exciting.

Love you all.  Hope all is well.  Keep being awesome.

E. Hall








No comments:

Post a Comment