Tuesday, July 11, 2017

This week was a pretty good week, yeah it was a good week. 

We started the week off in the Clase de Ingles.  This week was the Fourth of July so we decided to teach the folks here the National Anthem in English.  The next day (4th of July), we had divisions for an interview. Elder Olson was here with me and we decided to live it up as much as we could--that just meant hot dogs and good old Mormon Tabernacle Choir music about the USA haha. After that nothing really excited happened hahaha.

Story One: So we had two baptisms this week. The first person was an old lady named Evelia Fomperosa Rodriguez--she is 70 years old. She is also one of the funniest people you will ever meet. She appears to just be a sweet, innocent, old lady.  But oh man, are you so incredibly wrong. We were talking about what she needed  to bring with her to her baptism. And Elder Olson said, 'You need to bring another change of under garments', and she said, 'Nah, I'm all good! I'm not gonna wear any'. Elder Olson's face just dropped, and she started to bust up laughing. Her neighbor and myself were laughing too! hahaha   Elder Olson didn't catch on at all though! hahaha. Then after that we were talking to her on Saturday and she told us, 'Pasu Mecha--I have the worst gas right now. I don't wanna go to church. I'll just be letting off little bombers, and other people have to smell it all through church'. And she was just going off for like ten minutes about her gas and her stomach problems. hahaha. 

So anyways she was baptized on Thursday. That was extremely stressful because the whole entire ward (including the Bishop) forgot about the baptism for her. And also because the LM (Ward Mission Leader) gave me the wrong password for the alarm system, so it was going off.  The police showed up as well. So I called the Bishop and he asked, 'Oh really, its at 5?  Well I can't make it'.   I asked him why, and he said, 'Well, I thought it was at 7, so I'm at my house and to be honest, don't really feel like going right now'. SO anyways, we were left with just me, my companion, Evelia, her son, her granddaughter, and two sisters from the ward. So we didn't have enough people to have the baptism. But don't worry, I'm an Eagle Scout!  I can fix this problem. So I called the missionaries that are in Progresso, and in half an hour they arrived and we had the baptism for Hermana Evelia. To be honest--it was actually a beautiful experience.





Story Two:

We had the baptism as well for the jovencita Ana Claudia. That was actually really, freaking awesome. And that went off without a hitch and was perfect. We had her baptism at 7 in the night on Thursday, and a good chunk of people showed up to her baptism. She was just super, super excited to be baptized, and is actually a better member missionary already than almost all of the ward. She is talking to all of her friends about the church, and is working really hard to get her sister to change and be baptized as well. It is pretty awesome. I just know that she is gonna be a killer missionary when the time comes for her to go on a mission. 


Other than that not much has happened this week besides the fact that I had three ingrown toenails removed as well. So I spent the week in my Jesus sandals. 


Oh yeah, I also bought a fanny pack to put all my stuff in--its nice sleek black leather!! 

There is nothing else for this week besides the fact that "the church is true go be awesome"-anne bagley

Tanner







Local Aquarium








No comments:

Post a Comment