Tuesday, December 13, 2016

First Day In The Mission

Hey everyone sorry I could not email yesterday I was way busy since I got on the plane. We left at 1:30AM for the airport so I just didn't sleep. The flight left at 6:30AM--so I felt like Mom. We had to leave super early because it was the Day of the Virgin Mary, which is the biggest holiday here.  Look it up--it is really fun what they do.
I haven't received the package you sent me Mom and Dad, so I hope I get it soon. I also tried to call yesterday but the airport phones didn't except our American bank cards for some reason.

On top of that, I met my companion.  His name is Elder Angeles.  He knows less English then I know Spanish. So this is gonna force me to learn Spanish as fast as humanly possible in order to survive here. Last night we went to a member's house for 'dinnerish'--it was tomales and tacos made by the grandmother. Then chili in a cup, then horchata in a cup. I ate a lot but, I sweat it all out within the hour. It is way more humid down here then in Hawaii, and its also cold (still like 80).  Last night I went to bed in straight humidity, and when I woke up halfway through the night it was freezing cold.  My companion had turned the huge AC onto my bed--it felt great but extremely cold.  Another fun fact is that I have two baptism already on Saturday!  So that's cool.
I have my second tonsil infection already being out here.  
More fun news is that driving home yesterday (completely packing a taxi), me and my companion started to talk to the driver (mainly him).  Anyways, we are now meeting with him today at 7 and he will hopefully become our newest investigator!.
(This email really wont be much longer cuz I have no clue at all when I am suppose to be off)

So anyways I should be going to the store today and getting some food.  I am been extremely hungry.
Here are some of our mission rules that I honestly do not get at all.
        1. No drinking coca cola at all.
        2. No eating street food. (Like c'mon)
        3. Only drink out of your filtered bottles.
        4. No playing any sports for 2 years--the only exercise you can do it run walk and occasionally               lift. That is the worst one but hey, there are probably reasons for that.

No warm showers at al--but to be honest I don't mind that at all because it feels great with this humidity. And the shower feels like (a dribbling faucet), that's roughly the pressure of the water.
Anyways, I hope all is well and you guys are all good. Keep going and pushing through no matter what--you guys got this.  
I cant wait to email you guys next week and see what you guys are up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment