Wednesday, August 23, 2017

This week was a pretty good week here in Veracruz, Mexico

This week was a pretty good week here in Veracruz Mexico. It wasn't that entertaining though to be completely honest. Not a lot happened at all so well...

Tomorrow are cambios (or 'transfers'), and I will be greeting a new companion (well I believe so). But this week started out really, really rough--for the companionship. I believe it was Wednesday and we were in companionship study and he was just refusing to talk to me for no reason. 

And I said, 'Well if you don't want to talk then 'vamos' cuz I need to work'. 

And then he just starts yelling--like a straight mad man for a few minutes. After he was done I just started laughing and saying, 'Alright, you just need to calm down.  You're acting like a child right now. So tell me again why you are mad'. 

So then he's really mad and then turns really, really sad and starts to cry, and then gets mad and then cries again. 

And I'm actually being really nice during all of this and really patient. And then I go, 'Well we need to talk about this cuz these whole emotional breakdowns aren't healthy for you and you need to fix this cuz to be honest--you have a problem and its called bipolar'. 

And we talk about it and I tell him one of my own personal stories from my own life and how I, personally, cant do anything for him because I'm not trained and I have no knowledge of what to do. And how I have seen a person with kinda the same problem almost ruin there life because they were to prideful to ask someone like a therapist for help. So then I said,  'That's why we have a Mission President.  He is here to help us.  He's like our Dad here in Veracruz'. I then explain,  'I have had the thoughts recently (well for the last six weeks) that I needed to talk to president and discuss the problems mentally that I have seen in the way you react and other stuff'. 

After that I said, 'So we have two options here--I can either call the President and force you to go with me, or I can call him and explain the situation and say that we both would like to talk and work on this together'. 


He then told me we could do the second one cuz he could see that i was actually concerned. So we talked to President about all of this and he told us, 'Well I have seen that you both have actually progressed a ton in this cambio'. 

And so I explained the situation and all of that, and we got everything figured out with my companion. Then he told me, 'Well, we are going to have cambios tomorrow!' hahaah   It was actually really funny.   He said, 'Its for a different reason that we have cambios tomorrow and not for the conversation that we had with him'. 

After that he told my companion to leave and that he had to talk to me for a little bit more. So we got talking and he told me that he knew about all of this and that he had put me with him to try and help him, and that I actually did pretty well with it. Then he wanted to talk about something else. And we talked about something else that I had said during the conversations that I didn't realize that I had shared, and man it was really awkward. It was about my training and all the things that happened during that time (and all of that good stuff), and then told me I was dismissed and that he was going to sort out what had happened during that time. 

Not a lot of other things have happened this week to be honest. I have just been working a lot on my patience this whole week. I'm trying to get better at not getting mad. And I honestly don't get mad here, but I'm trying to get better at not getting bothered by stuff. It is because life's too short to get upset and bummed and bothered by things. 

When we have these bad feelings we miss out on a lot of things in life. We all need to work on having a longer fuse and having more love in our heart mind and spirit and in just every aspect of our lives.

That's all I got for this week.  I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish again this week.   I believe that I'm gonna start reading the Book of Mormon in Mam know. 

Church is true go be awesome-Anne Bagley























No comments:

Post a Comment