Wednesday, September 6, 2017

9/3/2017

This week has been a pretty good week as always. Another stressful one but hey we aren't progressing if we don't push ourselves. So anyways, what happened in this week?  Not a lot to be completely honest with you's all. We have just been working hard as ever and pushing ourselves. 

We have been actually having some success--not having the highest numbers in the mission (or that I had in my other area) but hey, I think we are having a lot more success here. I was talking to President the other day and he asked me how I was doing with everything and I said,  'I'm actually doing really well. We are working really hard.  But more important we are having a bunch of fun in our companionship'. He got a really big smile on his face and he told me,  'That's amazing to hear cuz this work should be really fun'. 

The members are also seeing us, and how we are actually in sync and they are buying in to helping us. Almost all of our investigators and members have commented to us, "There's something different about you two. And just enjoying yourself, and I really like that." We actually have the confidence of like all the members just because we are connecting with them, and connecting with one another.

To be honest I personally think that the two of us may be the best-blended companionship in the mission. We are just like two different colored brothers walking the streets of Veracruz living the dream. The two of us have our weaknesses but our strengths really compliment each other, and the things he can't do I can help him and the other way around. And we just have a bunch of confidence one with another, and we can really just trust one another with a bunch of stuff. Every day is just really enjoyable.   Lots of days something happens that I just get a little annoyed about and we will be sitting in our house at night and he will just say something or I will just say something and everything will just disappear and I'm just not bothered anymore. 

The most important thing of all of this is that because we have the spirit of unity between us we also have the spirit with us. Because we have this during the day we can receive the guidance of the Spirit, we can contact the people we need to contact, and teach with the Spirit as well. Because we have the Spirit with us we have been having what I believe is a lot more success than before. The members are trusting us more and more and they are looking for us to give us references of their friends, and we aren't the ones looking and constantly asking them. All in all we are just enjoying the work like everyone should be. 

So all in all how can we apply this to our lives? Well its pretty simple--we need to get rid of the spirit of contention, because that the spirit of the devil. And the Spirit can't live or be in a place that is always fighting or that always is having problems. If we try better ever day to get rid of this, and replace it with fun, love, the Spirit, well we will have a bunch more success in our lives. 

"33 Mas buscad primeramente el reino de Dios su justicia, todas estas cosas os serán añadidas.
34 Así que, no os afanéis por el día de mañana, porque el día de mañana traerá su afán por sus propias cosas. Basta el día para su propio mal."
3 Nefi 13:33-34. If we look for the Kingdom of God He will help us with everything else in this life. 

That's all I got for this week.   Hope everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work. Keep being nice to everybody, and God promises you all His Spirit and also a bunch of success in your life. 

"Church is true go be awesome"-Anne Bagley


















9/28/17

This week was another great week of course. How could it not be?  I'm serving the Lord and the people of Veracruz. Don't get me wrong, it was a really, really hard week, but hey life isn't meant to be easy, right? 

So the good news is I got a new companion--Elder Gonzalez.   He is from Guatemala City, Guatemala, and he is already my home boy. The members can already see the difference in the area with the new companionship, and can tell that we are a lot happier, and are having a lot more success than before.  It was a great week and he has really helped me out this week cuz it was not an easy week let me tell you. 

Story one:
So we had transfers (which I was pumped for) and I went to the offices and I asked who were the new people in my district--and that instantly put a bunch of questions into my head. So I looked on the paper and I saw that Elder Dickson was transferred into my district. I was pumped--his comp is a little weird but i am dealing with that. And then I look at the other companionship that are my district and I see that my trainer is in my district. Basu mecha no hombre. I just got a little down there cuz then knew that I was going to be in for a really good six weeks. But then I settled down and thought, 'Wells its better that he is in my district so nobody else will have to deal with him. I know how he is so I know what I will need to do and its better that I suffer than the other district leaders.' And also I think I know why he was put into my district and not the other districts in the mission. First off, the Zone leader knows how he is  (he was his companion), and I was also his companion. So we know how he works, so the other people won't have to figure it out as they go--we already know. On top of all of that I know with out doubt in my heart that the Lord is just trying to show me and teach me (more like force me) to have patience. I do not know the purpose of it, and I do not know why He is trying to develop a lot of patience in me, but there is a purpose in it. I know that I will see the purpose of it further on in my life, and I will be glad for the opportunities that God has given me to progress and get better in my attributes as a man. It sucks in the moment but hey, it'll be great in the future.

It has also really helped that my Zone Leader is an absolute homeboy and someone that I can confide everything in and just vent to him. We were just talking for like half an hour last night on the phone cuz I was done with the week. I just couldn't take anymore cuz everyone was just being so incredibly rude to me, and I just let it all out the the ZL, and he just took it all in and then helped and just made it a little better. I was still really annoyed after it but he did help a bunch. 

That is really what I have learned this week. There is really no time in life to get mad as well. I have been close to getting mad this week but I have swallowed it up. There's no reason to get mad--if you get mad that means the other person wins and has gotten the better of you. I have just been trying to put a smile and my face and think happy this week with everything that has been going on and it has helped me a bunch. I think that God has given me the gift to be able to look at the good side of things or find the good in times even when it is the worst of times. This has helped me a bunch on my mission as God has been giving me things to help me with my patience. 

Story two: 

Last night after I was done talking to Elder Bettlyon I was just drained and I honestly could not handle anything more. So I was just had a bunch of things in my mind and I just couldn't sleep, so I had the thought just to read all of my notes that I have taken from the Christmas Devotional, and also from Conference. And I found a bunch of things that helped me a bunch last night. And then I said a prayer and just said, 'Hey I have no clue why you are just putting a bunch of things in my life to try my patience.  I know its to help me but its hard. So you need to help me cuz I am trying to do everything I can and I can't do anything else. And almost instantly I just felt a weight lifted off my shoulders and I couldn't feel any of the things that have been going on, and I fell right to sleep after that. 

So that is all I got this week.  Have a great week.  

Remember that "the church is true and go be awesome."-Anne Bagley






No comments:

Post a Comment