Monday, November 27, 2017

Just working hard..

This week was another pretty good week. Just working hard to try to train my companion, open this area, and a bunch of other stuff. Its pretty funny though because I'm literally doing everything--like every little thing. On top of that. I'm also teaching my comp how to speak English cuz Hna. Palmer has put more emphasis in the language study. 

I am also trying to balance a very prideful sister missionary that's in my district. 

On top of all of that I'm just having a good time not letting anything get to me. 

I had a pretty great interview with President Palmer on Saturday, and I really, really enjoyed it. We were just talking about the work and all of that good stuff, and he asked me about before the mission, and all of that.  I started to tell about how I was not liked before the mission.  I said that some people had told me some stuff before the mission that wasn't very nice and he said, "Man Elder that kinda blows. You should give me their emails and I could write a pretty great email to them." haha  I told that wont be needed. I'm happy with the stuff I'm doing here. It doesn't really matter what other's think. And then he said something that got me pretty hyped. We were talking and he said, "I love the missionary that you've become, and the way you work. You put a lot of Hall into the work and its great. I know God is proud with everything that you've done so far." 

That put me to thinking about my mission, and the missionary that I am. I'm definitely not your typical missionary. And to be honest I don't want to be that cereal box missionary--that's not what I was called to be. I was called to this mission for my personality, and that's how I'm gonna work, and that's who I'm gonna be. I have found that when I try to act like somebody that I'm not then I don't have success.  But when I just kick it back to the old school Tanner (but obedient, of course) I have a lot more success.  But I just try to make everybody I contact, teach, or anything smile and laugh. The work that we do as missionaries is suppose to be fun, and enjoyable and that's what i'm doing. However, its not like we go around just trying to be comics--no not just talking and trying to make the person you're talking to feel like and know that they are important to somebody. Lots of missionaries just get stuck in the routine and look at people as numbers not as children of God. That's a dangerous habit to get into, and hard to get out of. That's why I've been just trying to focus more on the people and not the numbers. I truly believe that every contact should feel like someone cares, and that God is actually there for them. If every missionary does that, then I believe a lot more people would join the Church, and get all the blessings of the Gospel.

That's all I got for this week. 

"Church is true--go be awesome." Anne Bagley








No comments:

Post a Comment