Sunday, November 19, 2017

This week has been a pretty good week. (Nov 13th email)

This week has been a pretty good week. 

Got really, really, really annoyed with my companion to the point were I almost punched him in the face--but i didn't, so don't worry. He just kept correcting me on every single little thing. The most annoying was when I said, 'Oh, that car has a problem with one of their belts'.   And he said, 'There IS only one belt--and its not a belt'. And I said, 'No, there's more--and yes, its called a belt'.  He then went on about how he was right cuz his uncle worked as a mechanic for a little. So I just said, 'Yeah, let's just stop talking to each other cuz you're literally gonna try to correct me on every little thing, and its annoying me'. So I just stopped talking cuz I didn't wanna hear it from him. And then out of nowhere during the night he started saying that things like Bush did 9/11 and all that stuff. So I stopped in the street, grabbed him by the arm (like a nice, firm grip), and said, 'You need to shut your mouth. You're lucky I'm having a lot of patience cuz if it was any other kid I would of turned around and knocked your two front teeth out. So shut up and keep walking, and I don't wanna hear another word out of your mouth'. 

However I'm lucky and once again I was transferred today (as I was previously told I was going to be). I am training--so what is up little homies. 

Other than my companion, this week was a pretty dang good week. I knew that I was getting transferred and I knew that President was just putting me in this area to open it up and to just try and fill the teaching pool as quick as possible. So this week we went from only having  two investigators to having  more than 20, and a few complete families.  I just hope my ex-comp doesn't drop the ball on this one. And 6 investigators in church.

I did learn one thing--and it is that as missionaries we have the power to receive the most direct inspiration. Some people can get offended by that, cuz sometimes we need to be really direct with the people. The funnest thing was that yesterday we passed by a less active members house to talk to him about why he isn't going to church. So he starts to pretty much tell us well its just because this, this, and this--just excuses. So I told him that, 'Hey, you were the one who decided to be baptized. It was not the missionaries decision, and you know that it was a sacred promise with God. And God's waiting for you to do what you know you need to do. So I said some other direct stuff and then shared a prepared personal story with him. He got ticked and said missionaries are stupid like that, and they always are promising stuff that are really direct, and they need to be more careful with that cuz what if it doesn't happen. That's when I said, 'Yeah its scary when that happens, and when we promise really direct things.  But to be honest, we have the power and authority to.  So no, its not to scary--its actually really spiritual and special. And the people that doubt this power just don't have the faith that we were sent and called of God'. 

So he start calling me a liar and a bunch of terrible things. My comp was enjoying it cuz the guy was like worshipping my comp, but in the end i just said, 'Hermano, we love you and we want the best for you.  And yeah, I had to be a little direct, but you wouldn't have listened if I wasn't. But I say these things cuz its what God wants.  I do what God wants, not what I want.  And God wants to see you in the church renewing your covenants that YOU made'. 

That was just a testimony builder for me and my calling to be honest. I know that we missionaries are called of God and He is in every lesson, every contact, and every thought out here. That means when we say something, promise, warn, or anything else it is directly coming from God, not from dos chavos in a white shirt and tie.

I know this Church is true and its without doubt that I say that. 

"Church is true.  Go be awesome."-Anne Bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment