Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Jan 1 - I finally finished Alma in Spanish

This week was a pretty good week. Por fin we had a little bit of success in this area. And another great thing is I finally finished Alma in Spanish after a week of reading that man its a long one. But I love the second to last chapter of it when Moroni is just giving Pahoran a new one for being lazy, man I should use that one with the ward no?

So anyways I actually learned a whole lot of things when I was reading the war chapters in Alma. So I learned more than anything that we gotta be prepared at all times. We can't just expect that our life is gonna be perfect because we are righteous, cuz that's not the way life works. We are always gonna have problems, but the thing that helps us most is when we are prepared, because when we are prepared we can do all things and overcome all things. Those things are gonna be really, really hard--but really rewarding afterwards cuz we are gonna see all the blessing in our life. 

We also need to "clean the inside of the cup before the outside." I take that as we need to first change ourselves on the inside. Our thoughts and hopes and also our actions if we expect to help others, or if we expect to recieve the blessings. Because you can't help anybody if you can't help yourself. And also if we aren't prepared then we won't be able to overcome all of the obstacles in our lives, because we won't be receiving all the help from God. For example, I taught it in this way this week the Sabbath day (Sunday). Many people think that if you work seven days and don't go to church or observe the Sabbath day then they will be better off. Well science says that seven is better then six, but science doesn't matter in this, because six will always be better then seven if this six has God in every aspect. 

That's how we should look at our lives. Am I living in the way that I'm receiving help from God in every moment or am I living it in the way that other people want me to live it. I can promise you that if you're living what some people would call less then a "seven" but you're living it with God, then even if your a 1-6 you'll be better off than this "seven" because God will be with you. He will lift you higher than you ever thought possible, but only if you let Him.

That's what I got from this week. 

Love you all


"church is true go be awesome"-anne bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment