Monday, October 30, 2017

Anyways, a super cool thing happened while I was over by the offices.

This week was a pretty great and excellent week, and it was probably my best week on the mission to be honest. It was so incredibly fun, and just really, really different. So we started off the week having to go back to the mission offices to go to a Leader's Council (or however you say it in English), and then we just worked in the area of the Assistants for the rest of the week. We then slept at the offices that night, and the next day we all had to go and take out another visa for our second year on the mission. Man it was so, so, so fun. We all got together-- everybody that came here with me--and we just had a great night in the offices with the Assistants and the Secretaries of the mission. It was a nice little half mission present that got.

Anyways, a super cool thing happened while I was over by the offices. So I was talking to the Bishop of one of my past areas (because he works in the offices), and I was just asking about all the people that I had baptized in his ward. He told me that a few of them had gone inactive. So I was just super, super down, and it was really sad to hear that the family that I helped had gone inactive (they are like my Mexican family). 

So that night I just prayed really hard and intensely and just trying to figure out how I could help. Praying that God would just do something to help them return to the Church. So anyways, I felt like I should write a letter to them. So I did and I put it on the Bishop's desk for when he goes home. And then I was with President and he had to take us to the hospital. We were suppose to return to our area, so he starts to drive us to the bus station.  But then just says, "No, you guys aren't going home.  You'll just wait until tomorrow to go and I'll take you." So I asked him, 'Well, what do we do for the rest of the night, cuz we kinda wanna work.'  

And he tells us, "You guys decide.  Here's 150 pesos for food and buses.  Just get to the offices at a reasonable hour."   So me and my companion look at each other and without thinking just go "sotavento"--so we jump out of President's car and start sprinting to where the buses are to go to our old area. 

When we finally got there we got off the bus and just started sprinting from one house to another house. It was so incredibly amazing--I used to have that feeling before football games--like an amazing adrenaline rush. 

So we go and visit the Famly of Lucero, and only the mom Lucero and Jackie are home, but it was so funny. Jackie starts yelling, "Mom, Mom Mom, its Hermano Hall; its Hermano Hall." 

And her mom just goes and says, 'No its not.  Its just Elder Rodriguez and the his white companion'. 

But Jackie just kept going and going, so when she looks out the window she gets a huge smile and just starts booking it down the stairs with jackie and Genesis. Everybody was crying just with tears of joy, and then we just testified and said, 'Go to the church. You know you need to.'

They told us that they'd been praying for a sign--and 'Boom' here it was. 

Then we go sprinting all the way down to Andres´ house. However he wasn't home, but we did get to see his family and wife which was a great time. 

Then we went to go say 'Hi' to the Family Leon, and we told them to just put their faith in God and go to church.  They committed to go to church and ALL THAT GOOD STUFF. 

Then we went sprinting all the way the Ana Claudias' house to go say 'Hi'.  Man Ana is freaking awesome! She hasn't missed a single day of church or seminary since she's been baptized, and she's only got 14 years. And she's the only one in her family--it was awesome to see her, and she got after me for not saying goodbye when I left. I told her, 'Hey, you weren't home when I tried to say goodbye, so that's not my fault li'l lady'. 

So then we talked with her sister and told her to get her act together and she committed to be baptized! haha It was great. 

Then we go sprinting to Armando and Rita's house. And wow was that amazing! Rita opens the door and just starts crying (more like sobbing) because she's seeing the two guys that helped change her life, and she said some great things. And then we bore our testimony and tell her that she needs to go back to church, and its not because we are missionaries.  Its because we love her and her family and want them to be happy and have the chance to live forever together, and we know we can only do that if we are renovando our convenios during the sacrament. 

Then we go to Pedro and Amilia's house and that was just great to see because he was just super happy to see us and also he needed help getting through to his wife and getting her back to church. So we just told her that she knew what she needed to do to feel God in her life again, and then bore our testimony and she too promised to get back to church. 

Then to finish it off I just got the feeling that we need to go back to Lucero's house.  So we go back and the other two daughters aren't home yet, but her husband was on the phone so I talked to him. When I was just leaving the two girls got home and it was an awesome reunion. 

It was something that I will never forget.  I think it might go down as the best mission night that I will have on the mission. There was just something so special about every single one of those moments. We honestly just could see the hand of God really working all through that night, and we felt like He was guiding us along the way as well. 

I won't ever forget the smile or look on the people's faces when they saw us standing on their doorstep--I honestly felt like felt it was seeing two angels standing right on your step type of stuff (with all humility I say that). Lots of missionaries will never get this opportunity to do this, but it was something that was well-needed. And I just loved it. I got to see the impact that I had on their lives while still on the mission, which was an eye opener. Its an experience that money could never buy, and feeling that I didn't know I could ever feel. Their faces were priceless--in a good way. 

So that helped me gain a pretty strong testimony of the fact that everything happens for a reason, and we hardly understand it all. But God has a plan and we need to be humble enough to follow it and accept it. He might cut us down to try to help and put people in our paths that need our help. And we might not ever have seen them if we weren't cut down. So yeah--that was a great week that i just had. 


Also funny story--made my star football team out of the sister missionaries in the mission, and then we found a wheelchair and started using it in the offices. So President walks in and tells us to get up, and he goes and sits in it, and I go, "Do a wheeley President".  And without thinking, he just pops a wheely and holds it for like five minutes and breaks the wheelchair. Man that was so incredibly funny--and I just found that maybe he is like perfect. 

That's all I got--have a great week and love you all. 

"Church is true go be awesome"-Anne Bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment