Monday, October 16, 2017

Best Transfer Ever

This week was a pretty dope week to be honest. 

We started off with transfers early in the morning Monday, which was really unexpected, and also an emergency emergency transfer. The President put me in the area as far away from the offices as possible and said 'You guys are on an island--just work hard and enjoy yourselves.' 

He put me in the area Reforma, and because we are really short on missionaries here, so he gave us a second area as well--Jalapilla. So yeah my area is just 'lit' guys. My area is the area that all the missionaries want to serve in and if they don't then they all want to go there on Pday just to walk around. Just to put it in perspective like how awesome my area is--I'll describe a little bit of it. 

In the middle of my area is a zoo that we walk through because its the fastest way across town and when we walk we just contact the people (and also the animals). (the animals are a little more receptive.) Every other day we walk up a giant hill to a place that is just awesome-it looks over all of our area and a bunch of the stake we are in. Its just an awesome area. 

We then have a giant dino park that we also contact in and its all free here. And then we are in the city the invented Cri Cri, he's like the Spanish Jiminy Cricket. Its just absolutely awesome and beautiful here in my area. 
However, I'm absolutely dying hear in this area. I spent a year in the port where it averaged like 35-45 degrees celsius every single day. I rarely saw any rain, and I was sweating every single day there. SO I come here and its no hotter than like 22--and a lot less--and where it rains like every single day and really hard. So I am so incredibly cold all the time and wet all the time.

So anyways, I come to this area and my comp tells me, 'Hey, we literally have nobody to teach right now in these two areas because my other comp was always sick and never wanted to leave the house and wanted to go home'.   So we are pretty much just opening up these two areas. 

So I said, 'That's great let's go to work then'. 

So we didn't have a great week in the numbers factor of it, but I felt like it was a pretty good week, and we really set a base and a foundation for the work to come. Its feels great to just be with an awesome companion. And its really cool to see how well we teach together because we work off each other really well, and we just got a bunch of chemistry. Its amazing the Spirit that comes when we start to testify, to the point where the person we are teaching cant neglect the things we are saying because they to can feel it just as strong. We are also teaching in the way that its just really simple and everybody can understand the things we teach. And when people start to try to fight with us or anything we literally are never twisted or taken advantage of and we just disprove the things they say in a great manner and then teach the real doctrine. And I love that when we are teaching things that are part of their church that are actually wrong, they just don't get mad cuz we are teaching with the Spirit and explaining why its wrong, and we are teaching with all of the love that we possibly can. Its great to be honest.

The really fun thing about this whole thing is that my comp and I are actually from the same generation, and we are going to complete our first year on the mission together here in this rocking area hahaha. The only thing that President told us when he told him is, "Have some fun guys, but just keep the rules and don't be to stupid." haha 

And then if we stick together for another transfer then we will be celebrating Christmas together here in the mountains haha. Its just great with this kid to be honest. 

Its been the best week on my mission by far, and I know without a doubt in my heart that this will be one of the most successful times in all of my mission. Why? Because we have the Spirit with us and we aren't thinking that one is better than the other or that the other sucks in these aspects. We are always thinking about how we can get better and also about how we know each others weaknesses and my strengths helps his weaknesses and the other way around.

That's all i got for this week. 

Church is true go be awesome-Anne Bagley



















No comments:

Post a Comment