Monday, October 30, 2017

I started the week out with a pretty nasty cold

10/23/2017 Post

This week was a pretty good week as always. However, it was a pretty hard week here. All this week my comp. and I were pretty darn sick. It was really funny but it really, really sucked. 

I started the week out with a pretty nasty cold and my companion had a pretty nasty stomach ache. The week went on and we both gave each other what we had, so by the end of the week we were both battling a terrible cold and then on top of all of that we had a really, really bad stomach problems.  So anyways, we just kept going out and working because we couldn't just stay inside cuz we needed to work and we can't spare a single day in this work. Haha 

So anyways, we went to the doctor's office Thursday cuz it was terrible and my companion just goes, "Dude let's just buy some laxante (thats spanish)."  So anyways, I go, 'Oh yeah--great idea. That'll just get everything out of us dude." So we take three of them and that night we were in and out of the bathroom. The next day we aren't getting any better and we can't stop and its just terrible. But we still go out and we work and its just terrible and we can barely walk around without almost ..... ourselves.   We just went bouncing from one house to another using the bathroom. 

So that night we call Hermana Palmer and we ask her for some advice of things we should do to get better. She asks us what we have done and we tell her, 'Well nothing--we are just trying to work hard and forget about it.' haha 

She gets mad at us and tells us that's kinda dumb. Then she asks if we have taken anything to help and we tell her, "Well the doctor told us that we should take laxantes to help us poop and clean out the system." She then responds with, 'How old was the doctor--like 12? That's the dumbest thing I've heard in Mexico. You guys have really bad diarrhea--you should not have taken that. C'mon guys--you should've known better.' jaja   It was just really, really funny, and it was just a 'crappy' week--but really funny at the same. 

So anyways, what else happened this week to us? We just talked a lot about life and just a bunch of stuff like that. We were talking about how we are kinda a little scared to return home. Its like the mission is really really hard, and the people hate us for the reason of we have different colored skin. We love that its hard and we wouldn't ever want to change the mission because we just feel like it should be this way. We talked about how when we get back the life is real and we gotta start living life. And we got thinking like yeah we can't wait for all of that, but we won't ever have the opportunity to serve the mission ever again. And we won't ever have the chance to serve the people like we are right now in Mexico. We also feel the Spirit like no other, and we just kinda love it and we don't wanna stop having these experiences in the mission. We also know we are gonna miss the little things of the mission. Like contacting, we are gonna miss getting a door slammed in the face or really racial things said to us. Like I'm gonna miss that. But the thing I'm gonna miss the most is just doing the Lord's work. Like knowing that I'm doing exactly what the Lord wants me to be doing. Also just the fact that I know I'm doing what Jesus would do if He was here right now, and I love it. I feel like I'm doing my part to help Him, and I'm in some way paying Him back for all the things that He did and is doing for me. 

That's all I got this week. I hope all is good and everyone is doing well. 

Love you all. 

Church is true go be awesome-Anne Bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment