Tuesday, May 29, 2018

2/19/2018

This week was a good week for the most part, and we got a bunch of work done here in Torrentes 2. We honestly worked really hard and it  payed off for the most part. The bad thing of the week is that I got super, super sick and just puked all over the place one day, and I successfully pulled off my first double dragon. Other than that-- well it was just trying to get better which like always is a really slow process. I'm doing great though.

Well what else happened this week...Ah yeah, I remember one thing. So I really really do hate hearing from missionaries that, "you don't know cuz you've never been in this area, so you don't know how hard it is here. Nobody--literally nobody--will accept us here." So I was always hearing this from one missionary here, and it was  just getting on my nerves.  So Tuesday we had an activity in his area with the whole zone. And during this activity an elder and I offered to work for the day in the area that was "super hard" and just a "dead area." With his laugh  and smerk on his face he gave us the map and said good luck, cuz if he couldn't find anybody in this area then we definitely couldn't. And I told him, 'Well I know I can't but we'll can see you in 3 hours'. So we went and started working the area, and just contacting the people. At the end of three hours most of the people that we were talking to accepted to receive the missionaries back into their homes and some actually had baptismal dates. 

We went back to give the report and I tossed the references that we had gotten during the day and the people on the guy's lap and told him the areas not difficult, its the missionary that's difficult. And then he just started to make excuses that well no we just got lucky that day, or that we were lying about all of the results that we had or just stuff like that. I just laughed and said stop talking and swallow your pride and admit that you aren't so great as you think you are. The point of the whole thing wasn't to throw it in your face it was to help you and show you that really if we go into it thinking that Gods gonna help us find some people we are gonna find the people.

The point of this story isn't to show that I don't put up with peoples' complaining, it was to show that God really does fulfill His promises. The promise that we get when we enter an area is that God is really preparing people to except this message that we share with them. The only thing we have to do is look for them and be diligent and of good cheer in order to find them. The best thing is we always have this promise as missionaries and just as normal people. God is preparing some people around you to help and to share the gospel. The responsibility I have and that you all have is be ready and share the gospel with these people. In the last days we will be next to them and if we didn't share the gospel God's gonna ask us why.

"Church is true go be awesome"-anne bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment