Tuesday, May 29, 2018

3/19/2018

This week was a pretty good week down here in Mexico. It wasn't too hot her,e but it was pretty darn humid, but hey what can you do? We worked hard but in a different way this week. 

We have been working hard like every single week, but we started to just get really stressed and a little uptight with each other. So we decided to go and take a deep breath, and this week we said hey we are gonna work really hard, but if we feel ourselves getting stressed we gotta take a breath and just relax and enjoy ourselves for a bit. So whenever we would get stressed we would stop what we were doing and take a breath then usually we would start to contact, but in a fun way. So we would try to connect whatever they were doing with the Gospel, so a lot of stuff was like this, "good afternoon sister, I see that you are washing your dog. Would you like some help." They'd say 'no' like always, then I'd say, "So sister why do you wash your dog?"  They'd say, "Well to keep it clean and healthy, no?" And I"d say, "Well yeah, that's why I washed my dogs, but hey do you know that just like your dog you need to wash yourself of sins? We are missionaries and as missionaries our job is to help people wash themselves clean of their sins..." and so forth. So anyways we just started to enjoy ourselves and the thing is, when we were relaxed and enjoying ourselves the people we talked to also just relaxed and accepted us into their house to talk to them. 

So at the end of the day we were happy and felt tired, of course, but we just felt like hey what a great and fun day. So at the end of the week we had a lot of success, and we expected to have a total of like 12 people in church. But only 7 showed up, but hey still a great week. 

Also something super cool that happened was that I contacted a reference that I had sent to this area a year ago. So anyways I was teaching a family when I was in el Aeropuerto, but they didn't all live in Torrentes. So I sent the reference. Anways I go and I contacted them this week and they accepted me right into their house, and I was actually really shocked. So we start talking and it turns out that her daughter got baptized after I left the area, but she still hadn't, neither her son. So we start teaching and she's super receptive, and its funny cuz she like hated us a year ago and blew us off. But then we invited her to be baptized and she said "If you asked me a year ago I would've said no, but I've changed and yes I'm gonna be baptized on that day." It was super super cool and it made me realize that God called me to these two areas to help join this family together forever. 

"Church is true go be awesome."-anne bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment