Monday, September 18, 2017

This week has been a pretty good. 

It was so incredibly quick I didn't even realize it was Saturday until the middle of the day of Saturday. Man time just keeps going on and its getting more fun every week. I've got a little over a year left here in Mexico and its gonna go by really, really quick. I just hope I keep getting good companions. And I have been getting along really well with President haha. 

Story one: I had the chance to see another person that I've been teaching be baptized this week--that was pretty special. She's the sister of a member that was baptized like a year and a half ago, and it was actually just a really cool experience through the whole process. Her mom is super like anti for some reason, and gets really mad at her kids for being members of the church.  When we asked the daughter if that was gonna be a problem she gave a great response. She told us,  'Well to me no it won't be.  If she's got a problem pues vaya la goma a mi mama'. which means like 'Go fly a kite' (but a little bit stronger). So anyways, she also said she wasn't gonna be baptized until she was sure that this was the true church of God. So we said,  'That's perfect.  So that means you gotta put all of your efforts into this to know if its true. You need to read, pray, and attend church'. And so the next week we asked how she was doing and she said,  'I'm great'.  We asked if she had received an answer, and she said,  'Well no, but I just really hope that this is all true. I'm gonna keep working'.  And then the next week we asked how it was going and she said, 'I'm doing better and better than last week'.  And then we asked if she had received an answer and she said,  'It's true.  I know that it is all true.  Every single part of it.  Let's get baptized'.  It was super cool. And she asked if President Palmer could baptize her cuz they just got along really well, and because he had helped us teach her as well. So the the next week we were talking with her and asking how she was doing and she said great. and then she was talking to us about how she hopes that she can go on a mission in a year or so as well as her brother. So how cool would that be if she goes on a mission in a year? I would have a person that I've been teaching on the mission at the same time as me. Sick dude--sick. 

Also another thing that was pretty cool this week was just talking to President. President and I have got a pretty awesome friendship going on right now jaja. Tuesday he was scheduled to go on visits with us and I had set up this with him. And this is like the third or fourth time that he's come to my area to work with us. Every single time I had been out of the area on divisions or interviews. So this time I had one interview and I purposely put it at a time so I could go out with President. However, I went to this interview and 'boom' she wasn't there and asked us to return in an hour.  So we returned in an hour and she said she couldn't have the interview in her house, but 'Saturday I'll have the interview'. So we just taught a lesson with her and then we started our 90 minute journey back to my area. No hombre-we got on the wrong bus thanks to a member in the other ward, and it took us all the way through centro, and I didn't return to the area until 930 at night. So that night I sent an email to President that said, "Thank you for helping us today.  However, I'm really mad because I'm always gone when you're here." He then responded "Well yeah, what's your problem?  Do you just not wanna see me or something? jaja"   I then responded,  "Well I wasn't gonna say that, but yeah..."   We gotta a pretty good laugh out of that, and the conversation went on. 

Also I saved two lives this week. One guy hit his head in the street and started having a seizure, so me and my companion were the only ones around and we saved his life. There was a bunch of blood and a bunch of shaking, but when we got it all under control there was like a crowd of 30-35 people just watching, and no one had called and ambulance or nada. We looked at each other and said, 'Well what now?'   I said,  'Well I got an interview so let's go' haha.   

The second one was pretty weird. We got a call from the daughter of Nuestra Mama Galleta and she was crying and told us that her mom had collapsed and they didn't know what to do. So me and Elder Bettlyon ran to their house to see what we could do. So we did some stuff (worked our magic)  then said,  'Hey-have you guys called a doctor?'  They said, 'No.'   I said,  'You gotta be kidding me!  Call a doctor!' jaja.   And ya saved a life mas o menos. 

Its going pretty well these days.  I am really enjoying myself and am truly really happy. Sometimes I get a little worried about what's gonna happen after the mission, but then I just tell myself to live in the moment and just don't worry about a thing #bobmarley. 

When we live in the moment we start seeing a lot of things that are really awesome, and we don't miss out on anything. Time starts to go by without us even noticing and we start enjoying life even more.

So hey--just keep on keeping on, and remember "the church is true go be awesome"-Anne Bagley.













No comments:

Post a Comment