Monday, September 11, 2017

Well as you guys can all guess, this week was a pretty great week. It was actually so incredibly fun, and I really enjoyed myself.

The things of this world that happened this week were pretty darn fun, now weren't they?

I don't remember when, but one of these days this week we had an earthquake of 8.2 in the middle of the night. That was actually really funny. I was knocked out cold and in a deep sleep when my companion starts calling my name.  I was just trying to ignore him cuz I hadn't had much sleep and just wanted to sleep. So I finally woke up after like 15 seconds, and he tells me,  'Hey, I think we are having an earthquake right now.'  I said, 'No its just your fan or something.'  I sat up and we were getting shaken pretty good and I say, 'Oh yeah we are having an earthquake.'   He then says,  'Well, what should we do?'   My response: 'Well, just wait it out and enjoy it.  But I really gotta go to the bathroom, so I hope it ends soon' haha. So after it stopped, I got up to go to the bathroom and I was so incredibly dizzy and almost fell just walking to the bathroom.  Going to the bathroom [was not easy either]. Haha

So all that night I was trying to sleep, but my body was still feeling the earthquake.  It was just wild haha. I didn't know that your body did that after earthquakes.

We went out the next day and worked all day.  The next day we had Little Miss Katia #hurricane haha. That was pretty fun.  It wasn't even that bad.  We just got a bunch of wind and rain and nothing else--so that was all good. After all of that we have just been getting a bunch of wonderful weather here, and its felt amazing. 

So what else happened in this week? Well let's think real quick--cuz I cant remember a lot of things from this week because it went by way way to  quick.

We had another baptism this week, Hno. Antonio. That was pretty fun teaching him and visiting with him. He technically was the investigator from the guys that were here a while back but that left him because during a lesson the cops came and took him to jail on false charges. This guy's life has actually been pretty dang hard. His second wife was murdered while he was at work a few years back and his niece told the police that it was him. So he was taken (literally) underground, like the prison from Batman--no joke. He was there for five years with little to no lights, and contact with only two other people. He was tortured and a whole bunch of other stuff as well. But he said through all of this he was finally able to find God in his life, and he guesses that that was the purpose of this horrible five years. So we were teaching him (and teaching him) and he was progressing a lot. He stopped drinking and smoking and all of that stuff, but it was hard for him with the law of chastity. We were really, really direct with him one day, and said, 'Hey, you know its a commandment, and you know that if you break this commandment its a lot worse than almost all other comandments (and a bunch of other stuff on top of that)'. So he was fighting with this becacuse he honestly wanted to follow Christ, but he said it has always been hard for him, and he just didnt know what to do. So he decided to follow everything, and put all his worries in the hands of God. We told him, 'Hey, you don't have to break up with your girlfriend.  Marry her if you really love her. And she'll get her pension taken away.  If you have faith and are keeping the commandments, God's going to take care of you and you won't have any of these problems.'

So he prayed about it and we came back the next day and he said, 'Alright, let's get baptized.' And (boom!) he was baptized on Saturday. And his girlfriend and her kid came down to see it and everything! whoop whoop.

That's all I have for this week.

Just know "church is true go be awesome"-anne bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment